People come to therapy for a universe of reasons.
In my practice I have worked with individuals struggling with many different issues, including:
- anxiety, social phobia, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- ADHD and impulsivity issues
- grief and traumatic bereavement
- history of sexual abuse and sexual assault
- questions about identity and sexuality
- disordered eating and body image concerns
- career issues
- relational problems and family issues
You may experience some, or none, or some combination of these; even if these descriptions don’t quite fit your experience, I’d be glad to work to understand your particular struggle and to help you get through it.
Therapy can be either short- or long-term, depending on your goals, your style of engaging, and your stamina. If you have a question about how therapy might help you, I encourage you to get in touch by phone (503-421-1597) or email for a brief, confidential conversation. You may also look over my descriptions of Consultation, Individual therapy, Couple’s therapy, Therapy with adolescents, and Workshops to see what might fit best for you.